The University of Queensland is graduating more engineering students today than ever before. With more than 3000 undergraduates studying engineering at UQ at any one time, industry has an excellent opportunity to engage with and assist in the development of the engineers of tomorrow. Student-industry involvement benefits both groups in a number of ways.
Participating companies are able to:
- gain access to and recruit high quality students
- promote and increase awareness of their organisation to the engineering student body
- support student development to ensure graduate skills meet the needs of industry
- show their support for educational initiatives which develop technical knowledge and skills in creativity, communication, teamwork and management.
Participating students benefit from:
- awareness of employers within industry
- enhanced employment prospects
- increased professional and personal networks
- greater experience of real-world projects; and
- improved skills.
Opportunities exist for organisations to connect with students by:
Industry members are invited to contact the Faculty of EAIT
to discuss potential collaboration and to support the development of a new generation of engineers.