The School actively seeks collaboration with external partners to advance engineering teaching and research.
Strong links with industry have led to the establishment of a number of major strategic partnerships. These partnerships provide valuable funding to:
- progress research priorities
- provide equipment for teaching and research
- supply scholarships for students
- develop programs to address demand for expertise in specific areas, and
- ensure that coursework programs continually evolve to provide students with skills to meet industry needs.
Collaboration with our industry partners is vital to producing high-quality graduates and research, which in turn support the unprecedented level of development at local, national and international levels.
The School has partnerships with:
Through the appointment of professorial chairs there is an enhanced relationship between the company specifically, the resources industry more broadly and the University in research areas as well as teaching. Our current chairs are: